This soup is perfect for a cold day to warm you up and give you all the nutrients you need for more energy. I serve it with some sweet potato crackers for lunch followed by a super greens salad with all the fixings.
- 3 cups leeks chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup raw cauliflower florets
- 400 ml no-salt canned chickpeas
- 5–6 cups vegetable stock – low or no salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 4 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4–1/2 cup real parmigiano reggiano grated – or nutritional yeast to avoid dairy
- Wash and cut leeks and only use the light green and white part of the leek – discard dark greens.
- In a large soup pot, heat up the oil or butter and sauté the chopped garlic and leeks for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the cauliflower, chickpeas and stock. Simmer covered for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then purée using a handheld blender or transfer to a regular blender. Be sure to puree long enough to make the soup smooth.
- Each serving is 1 cup. Garnish with chives, parmigiano or nutritional yeast.
Soup can be frozen in single serving size containers
- Serving Size: 8-10
Leek and Chickpea Soup