Homemade granola allows you to control the sugar and is a great source of fibre, iron and healthy fats and some protein.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup hemp hearts
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsps coconut sugar
- 3 tsps cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsps seed butter or tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pour into dry and mix
- Put on parchment paper in pan and cook @300 degrees for 15 minutes
- Stir and then put back in oven for 8-13 minutes
- Completely cool and store in jars for a few days or in the fridge for a few months
Use granola on top of your breakfast cereal, greek yogurt or as trail mix if mixed with nuts, dried fruit, etc.
Depending on how “sticky” you like your granola, you can add extra maple syrup – just be aware of how sweet you make it.
- Category: Snack