A change to regular hummus and it’s rich lemony and high in protein. Use it as a dip and also as a sandwich spread, a great alternative to mayo or mustard!
- 1 pkg shelled frozen organic edamame (16oz)
- 3 tbsps tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic, smashed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold filtered water
- Bring 2 quarts of water to rapid boil. Add edamame. Return to a boil and cook 6 minutes or until beans are easy to smash with fork. Drain edamame and transfer to large bowl of cold water. Drain when cool.
- Combine edamame, tahini, oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt in food processor fitted with metal blade or blender. Pulse, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally, until mixture is smooth. Add cold water, a little at a time, until mixture is creamy.
- Serving Size: 8