A summer favourite! This salad is filled with chunky crisp coolness of cucumber, freshness of summer tomatoes, creaminess of feta and the crisp bite of pan-fried chickpeas.
- 1 can cooked chickpeas (no salt added), rinsed and drained
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsps ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsps red wine vinegar
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups English cucumber (2 cucumbers approx.)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes – cut in 1/2 or quarters, depending on size
- 1/2 cup loosely packed parley, chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint, chopped
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil, coriander and cumin over medium heat. Add chickpeas and stir to coat. Cook until the chickpeas begin to brown.
- Add red wine vinegar and stir to coat. Add a few cracks of pepper and fry until the chickpeas become as toasty as you’d like.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegetables and herbs. Drizzle with olive oil, add lemon juice and toss.
- Add crumbled feta (using goat feta is preferred) and gently stir, finish with sea salt and pepper.
- Top with crispy chickpeas.
Great to take to that summer picnic or potluck!
For a twist you can add other types of favourite legumes/beans.
- Serving Size: 4-8
Crispy Chickpea Salad