Sweet potatoes natural sugars are released slowly into the bloodstream to help ensure a balanced and regular source of energy without blood sugar spikes linked to fatigue and weight gain.
- 1 inch piece fresh peeled ginger root
- 3/4 cup homemade smooth cashew cream – or more if you would like it saucier
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken or turkey breast
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender, and process until puréed. Set aside.
- Spiralize the sweet potatoes with the fettuccine blade and set aside (you can trim the noodles to shorten the strands).
- Heat the oil in the 12” no stick skillet over medium-high heat for 3–5 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until browned, then add broccoli, and chicken. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sweet potatoes, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5–7 minutes, or until noodles are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Mix the sauce into the noodles. Garnish with green onion slices, chopped peanuts or lime wedges.
Here’s a link on how to make the cashew cream: https://naturallyella.com/cashew-cream/
You can add other vegetables that you like – red peppers add a splash of colour to the dish! And if you really like ginger and garlic, feel free to add more to taste.
- Serving Size: 4-5
Chicken and Sweet Potato Pad Thai