A quick and tasty dinner with lots of vitamins and fibre. Great as leftovers, so make a double batch!
- 2 tbsps oil of choice (I use avocado oil)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 lemon, quartered and juiced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6ozs fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tbsps butter
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 425 degrees
- Slice sweet potato and place on a parchment lined pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and 1 tsp of rosemary.
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle sea salt, pepper and remaining rosemary on each side of the chicken
- Once your skillet is hot, add your chicken breasts. Brown for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add in chicken broth, lemon juice, minced garlic to the skillet. Stir and scrape up any brown bits that are stuck on the bottom.
- Add your chicken back to the skillet, along with the used lemon quarters. Simmer the chicken in the sauce for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Add your broccoli to the skillet and cook until broccoli is bright green and tender and chicken is cooked through, about 5 additional minutes.
- Finally, stir in the butter or ghee and add additional sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with a side of sweet potatoes.
Extra: Sweet potato and broccoli are great sources of fibre. For more fibre add a side of roasted brussel sprouts!
For a change serve with a good quality whole grain noodle or over brown and wild rice.
Chicken and Broccoli Dinner