I’m The Body rebel and coaching is my passion!
Is it about food and nutrition? Yes and no… That’s only a small part of it. The crux of being healthy is to do the inner work – the work on belief and habit change so that you can know and love yourself just the way you are right now and find joy in your journey of getting where you really want to be.
So how did I get into this?
Several years ago I was on fire. Fit, eating healthy and loving the process of reaching goals around my physical body – it was amazing.
And then life happened…
My elderly Father (99 at the time) had some severe health challenges…so much so that I dropped everything to help him. I became the caretaker, the doer, I was the go-to for family, doctors, nurses, everyone.
Have you ever been there?
I felt lonely and alone. I was tired and overwhelmed. I was responsible. So you can imagine it started taking a toll and my good habits gradually fell away – replacing them with fast food, exhaustion and stress.
In the moment life felt out of control. I was stuck on the hamster wheel and my world was spinning around and around and going nowhere. What I did know was that every once in a while feelings of anger and shame would creep in – ashamed that I gained weight, tired of being tired – beating myself up yet again adding another level of pressure and exhaustion.
So why am I sharing this with you in the most vulnerable time of my life?
Because it’s difficult is period was, I now know it was my moment of greatest healing. Perhaps you’ve heard of rock bottom? Well, I hit mine and from it, beyond personal healing, my bigger mission was born.
I am here to take a stand so that all people love their life right now! We all know life happens, but what I didn’t know is that you can find beautiful meaning in all of it. I learned
- awareness, noticing and being present
- a deep acceptance for love of self
- giving up the struggle and the pain
- using and listening to your soul voice
I am the Body Rebel. I’ll help you to use your story to build yourself up, not hold yourself back. I’ll teach you how to not let yours and other people’s beliefs squash your joy. You will learn to love yourself no matter your size or shape – and that’s the start to true transformation.
As your coach I’ll help you develop a different perspective on your life and how you’re living it with a personally tailored program, huge support and regular accountability. Reaching your goals has to be fun, it has to be interesting and it has to be meaningful.
And here’s the beauty of it – small changes yield large returns. Think about 1% change each day – not overwhelming. Habits become our routine each day and build upon each other. Imagine what your energy and life could look like at the end of 90 days with just one percent change per day. Small hinges swing big doors!
So “rebel” rather than conform. Don’t let society’s unreasonable norms dictate your happiness. Learn to love yourself and be shameless about yourself love that is what the body rebel is all about and that is where your transformation, freedom and joy can start.
Fun Facts About Me!
- I am Canadian – born and raised
- I am passionate about all animals – especially cats, dogs, horses and elephants – ok, so most animals – LOL!
- My favourite place to live when I was growing up was St. John’s Newfoundland
- Where I want to live in the near future…in the country, next to water where I can see the stars at night and smell the beautiful trees
- Who do I want to be like, when I grow up –
- Liz Gilbert (of Eat, Pray, Love fame and so much more)
- Brené Brown (researcher and author who gave me many AHA! moments)
- A combination of Oprah, Marie Forleo and Wayne Dyer (super powers!)
- Famous people that I have a few things in common with!
- Warren Buffett (investor), Mother Teresa (missionary), Barbra Streisand (singer/actor) and Kate Middleton (princess!)